Pseudomonas aeruginosa is not often found in drinking water and its occurrence in drinking water is related more to its ability to colonize biofilms in plumbing fixtures (i.e., taps, showerheads, etc.) than its presence in the distribution system or treated drinking water.
However, Pseudomonas aeruginosa can cause a wide range of infections, and is a leading cause of illness in immunocompromised individuals.
It can cause:
- Urinary tract infections
- Gastrointestinal infections
Each kit comes with 1 sample bottle and 1 return envelope for free return of the sample. It is possible to purchase additional sample bottles for this kit so multiple systems can be sampled and returned at the same time. If samples are to be taken at different times then buy multiple kits of 1 bottle.
The cost includes:
- Water Testing Supplies sending out the test pack
- Instructions on filling the sample bottles to ensure correct sampling technique
- Return pre-paid postage to return the samples to our laboratory
- Laboratory analysis and Certificate of Results
- Interpretation of analysis results plus recommendations to rectify any which show high results
Once this UKAS traceable laboratory test is received by our laboratory it will be incubated to detect the presence of Pseudomonas species.
This test will indicate the cleanliness of the water system and high results will indicate potential problems with the water system that can then be addressed.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.